STAGE DESIGNER (m / f)
PERIOD OF TIME
January 2021 - May 2021
work from home and in the studio (April - May)
The Museum of Popular and Subcultures is a non-governmental organization founded in 2020 in Belgrade with the aim of working in the field of popular and subcultures, encouraging creative education and critical thinking in the field of popular and subcultures through exhibitions, workshops, projects, programs and all animation, creative and related activities. The activity of the museum is also reflected in the creation of a creative and stimulating atmosphere for overcoming prejudices towards/ or between popular and subcultures, as well as encouraging cooperation and production of works of art and creative works. The museum seeks to open a creative and research space for the work of cultural experts (culturologists, cultural sociologists, cultural anthropologists, communicators, andragogues, contemporary art theorists and experts in related professions) and thus raise awareness of the importance of these professions, which are honestly insufficient represented in society.
Camping the trash out is a pilot project of the organization which, through these goals, seeks to open space for diverse and creative discussion and creativity within the theme of camp style and phenomena.
The project is supported by the Prince Claus Fund / Next Generation 2020.
What can I expect while working on the project?
• Work on the project in the period from January 2021 - May 2021;
• Engagement in design (with previously agreed deadlines) and work in the studio on scenography (April - May 2021)
• Assisting in the design of visual identity and workshop work on pop-up scenography for the exhibition,
• Creative atmosphere, socializing, balance of group and individual work;
• Fee for your commitment to the project;
Who can apply?
• Student or graduate of all levels of study in the field of applied arts (scenography and costume design) and stage architecture and design
• You need to have at least initial (university, personal, professional) experience in scenography, costume design, etc.
• If you are not in the mentioned studies or a graduate of the same, and you have an interesting portfolio and a design eye, feel free to apply and show your talent and experience through your application!
What do I need to apply?
It is obligatory to send:
• Short work / volunteer / creative biography - in .pdf (.jpg) or .doc format with the necessary information (studies, degree of study, interests, previous experience, etc.)
• Cover letter - Why do you want to join our team? What do you want to learn and explore new and what is it that you want to contribute to this project? (optional form: text, video, audio ...)
• Portfolio of your previous works (not necessarily business and faculty projects, but also what you did for your soul)
It is desirable (optional) to have / send:
• Works that are not strictly scenography and costume design. You can send everything from an art installation to a concept art!
• Description of work experience in the non-governmental sector or private or state in the field of culture;
• Interest in pop-up scenography;
• References and contact person